Bizzabo Announces 724% Growth of In-Person Events in 2022
We’re excited to announce a 20% increase in the number of events hosted on Bizzabo’s Event Experience Operating System. This growth follows the resurgence of in-person events and Bizzabo’s continued investment in its product and culture.
Between January and September 2022, the number of in-person events on Bizzabo’s Event Experience OS increased by almost 724%. Most events coming in the second half of 2022 on Bizzabo’s platform will be in person.
“In-person events have returned this year, and their purpose has been elevated as marketers bring a renewed focus on delivering meaningful experiences for those gathering physically and virtually,” said Alon Alroy, CMO and cofounder of Bizzabo. “Events are essential to any marketing strategy — to build brands, communities, and sales pipeline. That’s why we’re doubling down on our Event Experience OS. We want to elevate the experience for attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and organizers.”
As in-person events continue to increase, hybrid events remain table stakes for Event Experience Leaders. Since March 2022, hybrid events have made up 7-11% of events held monthly on our Bizzabo platform. According to a recent Bizzabo survey, 68% of event organizers plan to have a virtual component at their next in-person event.
Although the number of in-person and hybrid events has grown, virtual events remain a crucial component of marketing strategies. Between January and September 2022, the number of virtual events held on the Bizzabo platform has been consistent, decreasing just 0.43%.
Amid this growth, we are closing new client deals 44% faster, with an expanded customer base that includes Wella, Stack Overflow, Federal Reserve Bank, and 6Sense, among others.
Bizzabo continues to invest in its OS, the events industry, and the workforce through the following:
- Launching new onsite software featuring enhanced check-in and an enhanced, award-winning event app
- Powering Hubspot’s INBOUND 2022 with innovative smart wearable technology
- Enhancing Bizzabo Networking to provide a community space with one-to-one messaging, spontaneous meetings, and smart scheduling capabilities
- Launching The Venue as a digital destination that enables event participants to consume content, network, and connect at events of all formats
- Launching the inaugural Top Event Experience Leaders awards by recognizing the Top 55 Event Experience Leaders of 2022
- Releasing Event Success: Maximizing the Business Impact of In-person, Virtual, and Hybrid Experiences, published by Wiley
- Moving into offices in Tel Aviv and New York custom-designed to support collaborative, in-person experiences
- Promoting Simone Astuni to Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, Meital Gurman to Vice President of Product, and Noa Weyl to Vice President of Legal
- Hiring Kerry Lambert as Vice President of Customer Success and Melissa Hardt as Vice President of Revenue Marketing
Additionally, we are honored to share that we earned several high-profile accolades:
- Ranked in the top 25% (No. 1,093) on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 2022
- Named to Inc. Magazine’s annual Best Workplaces list
- Earned Business Intelligence Group’s 2022 BIG Innovation award
- Received the 2022 SaaS Awards’ Best SaaS Product for Ticketing or Event Management award
- Ranked as a finalist in the Event Technology Awards for the Best New Technology Product and Best Event Management Platform categories
- Won three Global Eventex Awards
Bizzabo continues to power high-energy in-person, virtual, and hybrid events for leading global brands. Interested in learning more about how Bizzabo can help you build better events? Sign up for a demo.