How the Most Successful Organizations Create Events
What separates great event strategies from those that are underwhelming? If you are reading this, we have a feeling that you are interested in finding out.
Ready to download the Event Success Formula? Click the below button to get your free personal copy of the report.
Not convinced yet? Keep reading.
We recently asked over 400 mid- to senior-level event marketers about the state of professional events and where the industry is heading. The result was the Event Marketing 2018: Benchmarks and Trends report—a landmark publication that covers a range of topics including event budgets, technologies and strategies.
Going into the report, we knew that the professional events industry was growing. We knew that average Chief Marketing Officer allocates 24% of their total annual budget to live events in order to connect with customers, educate attendees and generate new leads. We knew that leading brands like Apple, Microsoft, GE, HubSpot, Salesforce, L’Oreal, Google, Ford and Wells Fargo have—time and time again—demonstrated their commitment to the power of in-person events by executing on their own comprehensive event strategies. What we didn’t know was just how committed to live events the majority of organizations are.
Here are just a few key findings from the report:
- Most event marketers believe that event marketing is the single-most effective marketing channel (31%)—over digital advertising, email marketing and content marketing.
- The majority of event marketers plan on investing more in live events in the future both in budget (63%) and number of events (63%).
- The majority (91%) of overperforming organizations place a greater emphasis on live events as a marketing channel than underperforming organizations or organizations that are performing as expected. They also plan on growing their event marketing budgets by more than the rest ($4,500 more, to be exact).
At the end of Event Marketing 2018 we reached two primary conclusions:
First, professional events are more important now than they have ever been before.
Second, the most successful organizations approach their event strategies differently than other organizations.
In creating this report we set out to discover exactly how these overperforming organizations approach events. In doing so, we hoped to discover the secret formula that could assist other organizations with their future event campaigns.
Below are some of the most significant findings from the study:
1) Most marketers from overperforming organizations (37%) believe that live events comprise the most effective marketing channel for meeting key business objectives—more than content marketing, email marketing or any other marketing channel.
2) The overwhelming majority of marketers from overperforming organizations plan on investing more in live events in the future both in budget (80%) and number of events organized (74%).
3) The overwhelming majority of marketers from overperforming organizations (87%) feel that their leadership team is supportive of their live events strategy.
4) The majority of marketers from overperforming organizations (91%) believe that technology can have a major impact on the success of their events.
5) Marketers from overperforming organizations are more likely to use a comprehensive event stack that includes CRM software (66%), marketing automation software (55%) and event management software (61%).
This is just a preview of the insights that we uncovered. In the Event Success Formula report we reveal additional information about
- Event and event technology budgets
- Event frequency
- Preferred event types
- Effective event promotional channels
- Leadership and alignment
- Event ROI
- And more!
Discover what sets the greatest event strategies apart from the rest. Click the below button and download your free copy of the Event Succes Formula today.