Bizzabo Announces 724% Growth of In-Person Events in 2022
We’re excited to announce a 20% increase in the number of events hosted on Bizzabo’s Event Experience Operating System. This growth follows the resurgence of in-person events and Bizzabo’s continued investment in its product and culture.
Between January and September 2022, the number of in-person events on Bizzabo’s Event Experience OS increased by almost 724%. Most events coming in the second half of 2022 on Bizzabo’s platform will be in person.
“In-person events have returned this year, and their purpose has been elevated as marketers bring a renewed focus on delivering meaningful experiences for those gathering physically and virtually,” said Alon Alroy, CMO and cofounder of Bizzabo. “Events are essential to any marketing strategy — to build brands, communities, and sales pipeline. That’s why we’re doubling down on our Event Experience OS. We want to elevate the experience for attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and organizers.”
As in-person events continue to increase, hybrid events remain table stakes for Event Experience Leaders. Since March 2022, hybrid events have made up 7-11% of events held monthly on our Bizzabo platform. According to a recent Bizzabo survey, 68% of event organizers plan to have a virtual component at their next in-person event.
Although the number of in-person and hybrid events has grown, virtual events remain a crucial component of marketing strategies. Between January and September 2022, the number of virtual events held on the Bizzabo platform has been consistent, decreasing just 0.43%.
Bizzabo continues to invest in its OS, the events industry, and the workforce through the following:
- Launching new onsite software featuring enhanced check-in and an enhanced, award-winning event app
- Powering Hubspot’s INBOUND 2022 with innovative smart wearable technology
- Enhancing Bizzabo Networking to provide a community space with one-to-one messaging, spontaneous meetings, and smart scheduling capabilities
- Launching The Venue as a digital destination that enables event participants to consume content, network, and connect at events of all formats
- Launching the inaugural Top Event Experience Leaders awards by recognizing the Top 55 Event Experience Leaders of 2022
- Releasing Event Success: Maximizing the Business Impact of In-person, Virtual, and Hybrid Experiences, published by Wiley
- Moving into offices in Tel Aviv and New York custom-designed to support collaborative, in-person experiences
- Promoting Simone Astuni to Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, Meital Gurman to Vice President of Product, and Noa Weyl to Vice President of Legal
- Hiring Kerry Lambert as Vice President of Customer Success and Melissa Hardt as Vice President of Revenue Marketing
Additionally, we are honored to share that we earned several high-profile accolades:
- Ranked in the top 25% (No. 1,093) on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 2022
- Named to Inc. Magazine’s annual Best Workplaces list
- Earned Business Intelligence Group’s 2022 BIG Innovation award
- Received the 2022 SaaS Awards’ Best SaaS Product for Ticketing or Event Management award
- Ranked as a finalist in the Event Technology Awards for the Best New Technology Product and Best Event Management Platform categories
- Won three Global Eventex Awards
Bizzabo continues to power high-energy in-person, virtual, and hybrid events for leading global brands. Interested in learning more about how Bizzabo can help you build better events? Sign up for a demo.